Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Temple of Lama


Today we went to see a beautiful Buddhist temple that is now open to the public. The architecture was again amazing and they had one Buddha that is in the Guiness Book of World Records for being made out of one piece of sandalwood. It was at least 3 or 4 stories high! This was followed by attending a tea ceremony which the adults really enjoyed... the kids, not so much..... The teas were incredible and tasted richer that anything we had ever had.
We all hit the wall today... but it wasn't so great... (Sorry for the bad humor but I told you we were tired. We've been working on that joke all day.:) ) The other pictures are Jodi practicing her moves when hounded by the paparazzi. Actually these are her new friends in the hotel lobby who are so sweet to her when we come through every day. We also have a picture of Baba's new discipline technique to keep Jodi in her seat. What do you think? Actually she was loving this and told him to do it over and over!! We are still having our challenges with our very stubborn little girl but this is followed by very sweet moments that we wouldn't trade. Tomorrow we head to the Summer Palace and love to you wherever you are right now!













6 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks like a movie set! Fascinating. The tea sounds heavenly. Fred, I think we need to talk about your idea for a new kind of car seat. LOL We love and miss you soooo much! xoxoxo Arf... arf....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fred is always trying to sit on somebody I'm glad Jodi thinks it's funny. Haha!! Love you all!!! I have Skype now so we can talk sometime!!!

    Elizabeth M :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, The consignment sale is this week and I wondered if there was anything y'all were needing or would like to have for Jodi. Please let me know if there is and I will be glad to hunt it for you. I check this about everyday so you can put a post on here about it or email me at jaanna@triad.rr.com. I hope everything is continuing to go well. Looks like a lot of fun. Y'all are really getting to see some awesome things! Love to you all and many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fred & Susan,
    Mary Lynne and I have enjoyed the pictures and hearing about your daily adventures. The wall joke took awhile - a little slow. Can't wait to see Jodi in person. The gang from TBC says hello as well.
    I do have one question - I am trying to fit the car seat for Jodi. I need the mesurement from her bottom (as if she is sitting) to the top of her shoulders. Please give in inches - not to good with converting from metric. Don't go to a lot of trouble - I can always wing it - just trying to save sometime at the airport. Look forward to some more pictures!!
    Take care,
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!!! every day is soooo exciting to see your new challenges and adventures with Jodi!!! the sites you all are seeing is once in a lifetime experience... the highlight of my days is to come home every night to check up on you all....
    Fred love seeing you and Jodi laughing... I can just hear your laugh in my head...
    Susan I love the sweet pictures of you and Jodi sooo precious
    anywho love ya all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey gang! wow it sounds like you are having a wonderful adventure. im so pumped for you guys I cant even begin to tell you. I can see the joy on all your faces in these photos and it fills me with joy. Glad to see the trip is going well. Jodi is precious I can't wait to meet her! give her a kiss from me. Always prayin for ya. Mad love!! Sean
    P.S.-Peace be the journey Fredo

    ReplyDelete