Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Great Wall





Today was quite a day! We made it to the second tower, (which is in the top center of this picture, and apparently the "more difficult" part of the wall -- the other side, which is opposite this view, was the "difficult" part?!?). Apparently no easy hike either way!?! Little Jodi Lang was determined to make it and did some incredible climbing. She even got a "hero" certificate for making it that far! It was amazing to get to see something so magnificent.



At one point, she was saying a word over and over so I (Susan) tried to say it back to her. She starting laughing at me. It was a 3 syllable word so she started to break it down into syllables so I could repeat after her. I still didn't get it right!
We are heading to the zoo tomorrow to see the pandas. We can't wait!!

3 comments:

  1. Man, I'm winded just sitting here looking at pictures of that hike. It looks like Jodi is dragging Fred up the hill...that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think its just the more difficult side cause you have to keep going hahaha im lovin all th pictures. hahah the pic with the book back looks like you caught her by surprise hahaha i love it.
    ~Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited that Jodi is left-handed- me too! I am also an artist and a girly-girl just like Jodi! I think that we are going to be great friends! I also love your compliment about the room. I can not wait to hear about the zoo trip to see the pandas! We are praying for you and please tell Jodi that I said "hello".
    Sincerely, Riley
    p.s. I have a fan with a Chinese painting on it. I think that Jodi will like it, and I will take it when we go to Build-a-Bear.

    ReplyDelete