Thursday, January 28, 2010

Surgery Update

Hi all! Just wanted to update you on Jodi's surgery today. The actual procedure took about one hour and the surgeon seemed pleased with how it looked. She is now in a purple cast (I know... what happened to pink??) and will wear it for at least a month. Today we found out she'll be splinted after the cast comes off so this will be a longer process than we had anticipated. Jodi handled everything so well and we were quite proud of our brave little one. Yesterday I was explaining what we would happening to her in the surgery and she looked at me and said," Don't worry Mama. I'll be just fine." After I wiped the tears out of my eyes, I gave her a huge hug and told her how special she is. The wait is never fun but we were blessed to find that we knew another couple in the waiting area whose son was undergoing a procedure. We got to visit for a while which made the wait much more tolerable. As Jodi was getting in the car to come home, she said, "I know people were praying for me." After I wiped the tears from my eyes yet again, we told her that absolutely people were praying for her!!! We thank you for those prayers and kind words which help us through these not so fun days. I too could feel the prayers when I had a peace come over me as I was getting ready this morning. I told Fred,"Someone's praying right now. I can feel it." We ask your continued prayers that her pain will stay under control. That's been the most difficult thing at this point. We thank God for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment