Monday, August 8, 2011

First Day of First Grade






















Wow! What an incredibly fast summer! Jodi has had a ball with swimming, childrens programs at the church run by her Baba, and visits with both Nye Nyes. She recently went to Atlanta with me so that I could attend my high school reunion. (Thank you for not asking which one.....) It was fun to show her our old house, my old elementary school, and walk through my old high school with her. Who would have guessed that #$ years later I would be getting to show my daughter where I went to school! ?


Mom and I also found out that Jodi loves jazz music. We went to a restaurant near Mom's place where a small jazz ensemble was playing. After Jodi finished eating, she stood next to her chair and started dancing. She then asked if she could stand across the room closer to the band. Mom and I laughed as she slowly inched her way to the band and by the end of it, was high fiving them and whispering to them what a great job they did. It was so so precious and no way to capture that on film!


Jodi started her first day for first grade on Monday. We saw her eyes get bigger and bigger as we walked through the doors of the school. There was alot of chaos with all the parents taking pictures and all of the excitement. She burst into tears just sobbing and not wanting us to leave. I was trying to do the "right" thing and cut it short so we left fairly quickly. As you can guess, I felt terrible and did the big "no no" of going back in after we had already left. The teacher just looked at me like, "Great.. one of those moms who's going to have a hard time letting go...." After I left for the second time, Jodi pulled it together and had a great first day. The teacher said that Jodi is well liked and really tries. We're so proud of her and she's had no problems since. She continues to bless us every day!!









1 comment:

  1. Wait a minute... she looks so much cooler than we did in our "back to school" pics. Why not part her hair in the middle and put her in plaid bell bottoms?? LOL

    ReplyDelete