Sunday, July 26, 2009

Vacation Bible School




Here's Miss Jodi during our vacation Bible school celebration this morning. At first she was shy about getting up there. Once Baba went up, she joined him and actually did a little dancing. It was very cute! You can see that her shirt says "Fear Not" which was the main theme of their week. I don't know how much she understood but I loved that Jodi heard that all week. Our prayer is that Jodi will one day know beyond any doubt that God loves her and there is nothing to fear with Him by her side. It is truly an honor to be her parents. She definitely has her moments but overall has a precious spirit.
Lately Jodi has wanted me or Baba to lay down with her for "5 minutes" when it's "sleepytime." At first I resisted but one night I went with it and was I glad I did!! Talk about a special time. She snuggles up and gives kisses and repeatedly says, "I love you." I closed my eyes for a minute and when I opened them, she was just staring at my face. I would love to know what's going through her head!! In the orphanage, the children had their own beds lined up next to each other. I've read that some children would hold hands with their neighbor. I got teary just picturing Jodi lying in her bed with noone to call her own and noone to give her hugs or dry her tears. It breaks my heart for her but I thank and praise God that we get to be there for her now.
Jodi has her followup appointment with her neurosurgeon this week and we anticipate a good report. She appears to be doing very well and we are so grateful that God led us to the right surgeon. Wishing you a blessed week and love to you and your family.


3 comments:

  1. We are so glad that Jodi is doing well. We can't wait o see you all next weekend at Mom and Dad's house. It will be our own mini Johnson reunion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fantastic! K has been asking about Jodi and wants to go to the Great Wall of China!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like Jodi enjoyed VBS! Thanks for sharing about the snuggling before bed...she is such a doll! It is obvious that you and Fred are so loving and nurturing with her! You're changing her life! Thanks for being such an inspiration to others of us who want to adopt in the future!

    ReplyDelete